One of the biggest problem in 1and1Mail old version is that if you import 500K emails in a single file into the software, most likely, 1and1Mail will freeze and crash. It’s because 1and1Mail was using the outdated Microsoft Access database.
However, it is not the case any more! We have upgraded our database to the latest SQL version and can handle a huge list at a much faster speed!
Meanwhile, we also added other exciting features and fixed some minor bugs in v4.8. Let’s take a look.
- Random Macro can be hidden
- Can check duplicate emails in the whole Address Book during import
- Can show duplicate emails in the whole Address Book
- Can customize date and time format
- Can clear all the emails in an Address Book or Address Group
- Can support strings longer than 3000 characters
- Optimize the database of Address Book. Speed has increased 10x for importing, deleting, copying and moving
- Limit the minimize width of the columns in Address Book
- Can see testing status of email accounts after export
- Can disable duplicate email checking during import to increase import speed
- Allow larger file import
- Can show the current staus of the email account when the task is ongoing
- Update error message list
- Fail to export if the Address Book contains special characters
- Wrong pagination after import
- Fail to import emails with a single character before @
- Fail to display the correct language
Please download 1and1Mail v4.8 here.
After 4-month effort, 1and1Mail 4.7 is now released. As we hear from many users that they do not want to spend too much time in making each email look different to avoid spamming, we design a more powerful Macro interface that help them to do it in a second. Also, we make a lot of improvements on the user interface so that it is more intuitive to first time users. Here are all the updates in version 4.7:
- A standalone window for managing Macros
Macro Manager for Content Spin
- Random Macro: hands-free content spin
- Synonym Macro: auto replace words with their synonyms
Macro Manager for Content Spin
- Email notification when the task ends
- Start unfinished tasks automatically when 1and1Mail starts
- Sort tasks in main window
- Default format can be set to HTML or Text
- Support time delay during router redial
- Sending limits can be reset to 0 at a certain time
Sending Policy Reset
- Support domain name for router address
- Relocate the Open/Click Tracking function checkbox
- Relocate the IP Switching function menu
IP Switching and Open/Click Tracking
- Remove server authentication checkbox
- Support single quote in email address
- Show the number of unsubscribed emails before the task starts
- Show more tips in the Sending Policy window
- Show the limitation more clearly in Free and Personal Edition
- Log SMTP server connection failure
- Multilanguage support in Macro
- Detect empty lines in Macro
- Support more router models in IP Switching
- Fail to identify the valid PCs using 1and1Mail
- Error message cannot be read
- “Argument out of range” error
- “Only one TidAntiFreeze can exist per application” error
- “No Keyword” error
- “\mainleft.html” error
- “Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window” error
- Conflict between 1and1Mail tracking system and other platforms
- Cannot show the task status correctly
Download 1and1Mail for free now.
1and1Mail v4.6 makes a lot of significant improvements based on user feedbacks:
- Smart import of contact lists
Smart Import of External Files into Address Book
- Auto set SMTP server address
- Auto save successful SMTP settings for future use
- Auto update router support list
- Cache oversize warning
- Wizard to search for old data in previous version
Wizard to Search for Old Data in Previous Version
- Add image from URL
- Address Book performance optimization
Multi-page Display Helps Address Book Load Faster
- Bounced and unsubscribe email management
- More router support
- Support more email domain names
- Auto delete invalid Macro in the email body
- Show links to frequently used tutorials on left pane
- Need to download reports several times
- Cannot show task info
- Memory error when exit the program
- Cannot show local image if the path contains space
Download 1and1Mail for free now.
MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) is a Microsoft framework to access almost any data store. 1and1Mail adopts MDAC when accessing Address Book. If there is a problem with the MDAC on your PC, 1and1Mail cannot work properly.
1and1Mail will encounter the following erros when MDAC cannot function properly:
- 1and1Mail cannot star
- Show error “Cannot find module… “
- Show error “Erro creating object.Please verify that the Microsoft Data Access Compinents 2.1(or later ) have been properly installed”
- Show error “Cannot find the application. The application may not be installed correctly.”
How to fix MDAC problem:
- Install Microsoft Access on your PC. All Access versions include MDAC.
- Install MDAC updates.
We added many beautiful email templates to download in v4.5. Lots of users are quite looking forward to this new feature. Now you can learn from the best email designers in the world and adapt those designs to your email campaigns. Check them out!
- Added beautiful email templates to download
- Support IP switching through VPN
- Support open/clicking tracking for Unsolicited Commercial Emails
- More intuitive error notifications
- UTF-8 support in emails and accounts export
- Show part of the registration code in About page
- Support HELO command (for advanced users)
- Date/time error in open tracking
- Memory errors
- Cannot show reasons of sending failure after software reboot
- Attachment lost in sending tasks
Download 1and1Mail v4.5 here.
Please follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Right click the 1and1Mail icon on your Desktop
- Select “Properties”
- Go to “Compatibility” tab.
- Select the last option “Run as an administrator”.
And then run 1and1Mail.
When you use Gmail as your SMTP service provider in 1and1Mail Account Manager, the account testing may fail. It is usually caused by 2 reasons:
- Gmail imposes high security standards. Google may block sign in attempts from some desktop email clients or mobile apps.
To use Gmail in 1and1Mail, please log in your Gmail via your web browser and go to "Less secure apps" page to turn on "Access for less secure apps".
- If your Gmail account has 2-Step Verification enabled, you have to create an application-specific password for 1and1Mail.
Please visit this webpage for the instructions.
After you generate the app password, go to 1and1Mail and replace your original Gmail password with the 16-character password.
1and1Mail v4.2 involves various improvements in many aspects:
- Show account's last status
- Support setting sending limit per hour(s)
- Show locations based on IPs in the open and click report
- Support customizing sending sequence
- Email signature
- Load multiple templates as email versions
- Support changing registration code
- Support backup of proxies, bounced and unsubscribed tasks and settings
- Support searching by keywords of error messages
- Support mute mode
- UI optimization
- Faster when start the program
- Window optimization
- Improved bounced email checking
- Support adding attachments in email templates
- More accurate open rate and click rate
- Cannot send emails when "mailto:" tags are placed at the end
- Cannot download open and click rate data due to wrong date format
- Duplicate records in sending report
- Cannot remove data completely when uninstalling the software
You can download 1and1Mail 4.2 Free Edition here.
You can download 1and1Mail 4.1 Free Edition here.
In the analytics reports, email marketers will see a term called "Adjusted Open Rate" (AOR) under the Open Tracking tab. Sometimes the figure is the same as Open Rate, but sometimes it is larger. Why? We need to go back to the mechanism of open rate checking in order to understand the meaning of AOR.
To track open rate, 1and1Mail automatically insert a unique image pixel into the bottom of your HTML email. When your recipients open the email, 1and1Mail image server can capture the image pixel is loaded and mark the corresponding email as "Read".
But some email clients (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo Mail), by default, do not load the image in the HTML email unless the email is from a known person in the contact list. Such behavior of email clients is to protect the users because some images do contain virus or consume too much bandwidth in 3G/4G environment. In this case, although your recipients have opened your email, 1and1Mail server cannot track the action.
This checking mechanism is used by all mass mailers, so it is a universal problem. The actual open rate should be higher than the figure.
1and1Mail introduces Adjusted Open Rate (AOR) to make the data of Open Rate more accurate. AOR is a combination of both Open Rate and Click Rate. If your recipients open your HTML email without loading the image pixel, the open checking cannot be done, but if they click on any of the links in the email, 1and1Mail server will capture the click action and still mark the email as "Read".
Therefore, if you need to report any figures to your boss or record the data for future reference, Adjusted Open Rate is a more accurate figure that you should take.