1and1Mail has been verified by 36 well-known antivirus software, including Kaspersky, McAfee, NOD32, Trend Micro, and BitDenfender, that it is free from any kind of virus (View Scan Report). However, Norton Antivirus may still report 1and1Mail is of some security risk and remove the installation file or execution file of 1and1Mail. It may be due to the following reasons:
1. 1and1Mail 3.3 is just released (in Mid May) and the file is very new.
2. 1and1Mail needs to connect to Internet to verify your SMTP server and send mass emails. Norton considers such kind of new program requesting Internet access as suspicious.
3. To prevent pirated version, 1and1Mail does reports your IP address and registration code to our server to verify your identity. It ensures you are using the genuine version of 1and1Mail and your money is spent at the right place. Norton may consider collecting such kind of user information as suspicious and remove the program.
Here are 4 simple steps to resolve the problem:
1. Right click the Norton system tray icon and select “View Recent History“.
2. Find the Quarantined 1and1Mail execution file or installation file (edm free.exe, edm personal.exe, edm business.exe, or edm ultimate.exe). Click “Restore & Options“.
3. Select “Restore & exclude this file”.
4. Click “Yes’
A tiny mistake in your email marketing campaign can lead to a bad impression and unsubscription from your customers. Here is a checklist for you to review before you send out your email campaign:
- Are all the links working and linking to the correct webpages?
- Do you provide a plain text version of your email?
- Do all the images have alt tags?
- Do all your pictures have links and are they linked correctly?
- Do you personalize each email?
- Do you provide an unsubscribe option in your email?
- Do you explain who you are and why your customer should trust you at the beginning of the email?
- Are you tracking the clicks in your email using tools like Google Analytics and bit.ly?
- Have you cleaned up your list (bounce-backs and unsubscribers from your last email campaign?
- Have you tested how your email look in different web email platforms and email clients?
After a major feature upgrade in 1and1Mail 3.2, 1and1Soft has received hundreds of feedbacks from our customers. In the past few weeks, we have been working very hard resolving bugs and usability issues. Here are the major updates in 1and1Mail 3.3:
- Detect and show duplicate accounts in Multi Account Manager
- Add option to validate email addresses during import
- Add option to check duplicate emails during import
- Add window management to easily switch between existing tasks
- Support downloading webpages that are redirected to other URLs
- Show real-time past 24-hour send volume in task management window
- Automatically reset send volume after 24 hours
- Crash fix on multi-thread tasks
- Bug fix: original email template is duplicated after saving as another file
- Bug fix: some local image files cannot be loaded
- Bug fix: image cannot be displayed correctly after broken links
- Bug fix: lost multi-threads status information
- Bug fix: fail to show Excel file header during import
- Bug fix: draft cannot be sent
1and1Mail Free Edition 3.3 can be downloaded here: http://www.yetesoft.com/download/. For customers who have purchased 1and1Mail Ultimate Edition will enjoy our lifetime free upgrade service and will receive the new version within 7 business days.
"Will I get blocked by my ISP/ESP if I send 1,000 emails per day?""How many emails can I send out per day?"… These are the frequently questions that 1and1Soft receives almost every day. Most of these customers are seeking the cheapest way to send out mass emails, and using free email services from Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail.
The answer is: it depends.
Even though, officially, most email service providers have announced the daily quota, or sending limit of their SMTP server, the actual number may still vary by each email account's reputation score.
The sender score / reputation score is usually calculated by the bounce-back rate, spam rate imposed by the recipients and keywords filtering. If you send out too many emails within a short period of time that contains a lot of spam sensitive keywords, your reputation score is at risk. Next time, your ESP will limit your sending quota and lower your email deliverability.
In 1and1Mail, you can easily control how many emails you can send out per day. When you reach the limit, 1and1Mail will automatically stop sending, and resume after 24 hours. Try to send fewer emails per day at the beginning. When you gradually build up your reputation with your ESP, you can increase the number later.