One of the biggest problem in 1and1Mail old version is that if you import 500K emails in a single file into the software, most likely, 1and1Mail will freeze and crash. It’s because 1and1Mail was using the outdated Microsoft Access database.
However, it is not the case any more! We have upgraded our database to the latest SQL version and can handle a huge list at a much faster speed!
Meanwhile, we also added other exciting features and fixed some minor bugs in v4.8. Let’s take a look.
- Random Macro can be hidden
- Can check duplicate emails in the whole Address Book during import
- Can show duplicate emails in the whole Address Book
- Can customize date and time format
- Can clear all the emails in an Address Book or Address Group
- Can support strings longer than 3000 characters
- Optimize the database of Address Book. Speed has increased 10x for importing, deleting, copying and moving
- Limit the minimize width of the columns in Address Book
- Can see testing status of email accounts after export
- Can disable duplicate email checking during import to increase import speed
- Allow larger file import
- Can show the current staus of the email account when the task is ongoing
- Update error message list
- Fail to export if the Address Book contains special characters
- Wrong pagination after import
- Fail to import emails with a single character before @
- Fail to display the correct language
Please download 1and1Mail v4.8 here.
Email marketers are always facing the problems of reporting to their bosses of how effective the email campaigns are and how to improve their campaigns based on statistics.
1and1Mail 4.0 adds the open rate tracking feature which helps email marketers to understand their customers and boost sales quickly based on facts.
The feature is available in 1and1Mail Business Edition or above.
Here is an overview of how the open tracking works:
Other enhancements include:
- Manual IP switching: adds more flexibility to Auto IP Switcher
- Batch edit account properties
- Verify if macro ID is correct before sending
- Check recipients and attachments before sending
- Display numbers of emails in Address Book
- Cannot start a new task if HTML format is selected before recipients
- Error logs are wrong
- Double quotes are shown when adding unsubscribe links
You can download 1and1Mail 4.0 Free Edition here.
Professors always say in computer science class, if you want to learn programming well, use a text editor to write codes! Without any auto correction or auto completion function of IDE, students can practice every detail in programming and learn the real skills. 1and1Mail now supports source code editing for computer geeks!
Also, email marketers often complain on-premises software cannot handle opt-out process well. Now 1and1Mail adds an unsubscribe link wizard to help all email marketers add opt-out link in mass emails easily. Your recipients can simply click the link and the unsubscribe email is automatically composed. With a single click, he or she can send you the opt-out notification.
See the latest updates of version 3.8 below!
- Source code editing for HTML emails
- Unsubscribe link wizard
- Display user's role after logging in through password
- Software lock: Minimize the software window and password is needed to restore the window
- The sequence of email templates can be adjusted
- Remember last open position in Address Book, Account Manager and Email Templates
- Support special characters in the name of Email Templates (e.g. Re:)
- Faster in openning Address Book
- More editing space when composing a HTML email
- Software freezes when deleting the last email address
- Cannot delete the emails in Ungrouped
- Cannot resume tasks if the time on PC is changed
- Prompt to save plain text email when switching to HTML format
- Cannot save Macro text in plain text emails
You can download 1and1Mail 3.8 Free Edition here.
You can download 1and1Mail 3.7 Free Edition here.
Sometimes, you will encounter a pop-up message “Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed” when you import .xlsx file (Excel 2007, or Excel 2010) into 1and1Mail Address Book or Multi Account Manager.
Your OS does not have the library to decode .xslx file.
1. Install the new Microsoft library (Data Connectivity Components) from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=23734
2. Save your .xlsx file as .xls file (Excel 97 – 2003 format) and then import the .xls file.
3. Save your .xlsx file as .csv file, and then import the .csv file.
In 1and1Mail, there is a "email auto-fetching tool" under the "Tools" menu. When you browse the Internet and see some email addresses on some web pages that may fall into your target customer groups, it can help you easily and quickly enter the emails into 1and1Mail.
Here are the steps:
1. 1and1Mail -> Select "Tools" menu -> Click "Install email auto-fetching tool"
2. 1and1Mail -> Open "Address Book -> Select an address group -> Click "New Address" -> Select the "Multiple Entries" tab -> Check "Get addresses from IE" (You must keep this window open for the whole email auto-fetching function to work properly!)
3. Open IE, Firefox or Chrome -> Browse webpages that contain email addresses -> Right click the email address -> Select "Copy Email Address"
4. You will see a pop-up window from 1and1Mail indicating the the email address has been copied to 1and1Mail Address Book successfully.
PS: According to the CAN-SPAM Act, you should strictly observe the email opt-in procedure. 1and1Mail email auto-fetching tool can make your email marketing work more efficient, but it doesn't mean you can ignore the CAN-SPAM rules when sending mass emails.
Download 1and1Mail and get started with your first email marketing campaign in 10 minutes today!
When you start a mass mailing task in 1and1Mail, sometimes you will encounter a pop-up message: "List index out of bounds (8)".
It is usually caused by your modification (import, add or delete) of emails in the address books that are being used by the ongoing task.
To resolve the issue, please restart 1and1Mail and start a new sending task. Make sure there is no change on the address book when the task is ongoing.
1and1Mail 2.8 is released on Oct. 19, 2009. Here are the updates and bug fixes to the new version.
- Added tooltips in user interface for important steps
- Enhanced task management
- Added support of TXT and HTML email templates
- Added batch delete feature in Address Book
- Enhanced search feature in Address Book
- Added Ungrouped in Address Book
- Disabled modification on address books when sending task is under progress
- Added registration mechanism (Personal Edition and Business Edition must be registered first)
Please download it here.
1and1Mail 2.5 is released on Apr. 10, 2009. Here are the updates and bug fixes to the new version.
- Added Choose Inverse in Address Book Management
- Fixed a bug of importing CSV files
- Optimized email delivery efficiency
Please download it here.