One of the biggest problem in 1and1Mail old version is that if you import 500K emails in a single file into the software, most likely, 1and1Mail will freeze and crash. It’s because 1and1Mail was using the outdated Microsoft Access database.
However, it is not the case any more! We have upgraded our database to the latest SQL version and can handle a huge list at a much faster speed!
Meanwhile, we also added other exciting features and fixed some minor bugs in v4.8. Let’s take a look.
- Random Macro can be hidden
- Can check duplicate emails in the whole Address Book during import
- Can show duplicate emails in the whole Address Book
- Can customize date and time format
- Can clear all the emails in an Address Book or Address Group
- Can support strings longer than 3000 characters
- Optimize the database of Address Book. Speed has increased 10x for importing, deleting, copying and moving
- Limit the minimize width of the columns in Address Book
- Can see testing status of email accounts after export
- Can disable duplicate email checking during import to increase import speed
- Allow larger file import
- Can show the current staus of the email account when the task is ongoing
- Update error message list
- Fail to export if the Address Book contains special characters
- Wrong pagination after import
- Fail to import emails with a single character before @
- Fail to display the correct language
Please download 1and1Mail v4.8 here.
After 4-month effort, 1and1Mail 4.7 is now released. As we hear from many users that they do not want to spend too much time in making each email look different to avoid spamming, we design a more powerful Macro interface that help them to do it in a second. Also, we make a lot of improvements on the user interface so that it is more intuitive to first time users. Here are all the updates in version 4.7:
- A standalone window for managing Macros
Macro Manager for Content Spin
- Random Macro: hands-free content spin
- Synonym Macro: auto replace words with their synonyms
Macro Manager for Content Spin
- Email notification when the task ends
- Start unfinished tasks automatically when 1and1Mail starts
- Sort tasks in main window
- Default format can be set to HTML or Text
- Support time delay during router redial
- Sending limits can be reset to 0 at a certain time
Sending Policy Reset
- Support domain name for router address
- Relocate the Open/Click Tracking function checkbox
- Relocate the IP Switching function menu
IP Switching and Open/Click Tracking
- Remove server authentication checkbox
- Support single quote in email address
- Show the number of unsubscribed emails before the task starts
- Show more tips in the Sending Policy window
- Show the limitation more clearly in Free and Personal Edition
- Log SMTP server connection failure
- Multilanguage support in Macro
- Detect empty lines in Macro
- Support more router models in IP Switching
- Fail to identify the valid PCs using 1and1Mail
- Error message cannot be read
- “Argument out of range” error
- “Only one TidAntiFreeze can exist per application” error
- “No Keyword” error
- “\mainleft.html” error
- “Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window” error
- Conflict between 1and1Mail tracking system and other platforms
- Cannot show the task status correctly
Download 1and1Mail for free now.
Email marketers are always facing the problems of reporting to their bosses of how effective the email campaigns are and how to improve their campaigns based on statistics.
1and1Mail 4.0 adds the open rate tracking feature which helps email marketers to understand their customers and boost sales quickly based on facts.
The feature is available in 1and1Mail Business Edition or above.
Here is an overview of how the open tracking works:
Other enhancements include:
- Manual IP switching: adds more flexibility to Auto IP Switcher
- Batch edit account properties
- Verify if macro ID is correct before sending
- Check recipients and attachments before sending
- Display numbers of emails in Address Book
- Cannot start a new task if HTML format is selected before recipients
- Error logs are wrong
- Double quotes are shown when adding unsubscribe links
You can download 1and1Mail 4.0 Free Edition here.